Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
- Latest News
- Warzone 2.0
- Tips & Tricks
- Campaign Walkthrough
Ghost Team Mission Walkthrough
★ Game8's Modern Warfare 3 Wiki is live! ☆ Ashika Island: DMZ Keys | Weapon Cases | Map Guide ☆ Building 21 is now accessible with a Key Card! ★ DMZ Key Locations and Map | How to Get Weapon Cases ☆ Camo Challenges for Every Gun | List of Blueprints
List of Contents
- Realism Difficulty Tips
- Weapons Found in the Level
- Related Guides
Ghost Team Overview
Mission information, starting weapon loadout, ghost team walkthrough, ghost team realism difficulty video playthrough.
▶ Next Mission: Countdown
How to Beat Ghost Team in Realism Difficulty
Prioritize stealth when playing as gaz.
Gaz's starting loadout consists of suppressed weapons . Stick to using these throughout his sequences to more easily handle firefights. Remain crouched as you sneak through areas and take out isolated enemies first. Since it'll only be you and Alejandro together, stealth will be the best strategy against being outnumbered.
Use Armor Plates
When playing as Soap, you'll have access to Armor Plates that increase your health . Make sure you equip these to give yourself more protection. If you run out, you can find a crate containing a set of them in each building you enter. Remember to equip these after picking them up since it's not automatic.
Use the Spotter Scope to Clear Out Infantry
While you need to use the Spotter Scope to take out buildings and important targets, you can also mark infantry to easily clear them out . This makes it safer to move to your next objectives.
Head Into Buildings to Get a Good Vantage Point
You'll be fighting lots of enemies that will be coming from several directions. Instead of staying out in the open or using small pieces of cover, move into buildings to maximize your survivability . Make sure the building's clear before fighting enemies outside. Buildings will provide vantage points to easily attack from.
Use Flashbangs Before Entering Rooms
When moving from room to room, make it a habit to throw a flashbang in before entering . This makes it safer for you to go in blind since enemies will be stunned. This is particularly important in Realism since you can die in just a few hits if enemies have a clear sight on you.
Throw C4 from Rooftops
When fighting Graves, you'll have a difficult time throwing C4 at him from the ground level since you'll be barraged with tank gunfire as well as enemy infantry in the area. Upon picking up C4, head to the rooftop of a building and toss it down to the tank.
This is a safer method since you can just back away to the stairwell if the tank starts aiming at you. Remember, the C4 does not have to stick to the tank to deal damage .
Use the RPG to Deal Extra Damage to Graves
You can find an RPG-7 at the very back of the training area , inside a small concrete tunnel. Use this to get an easy hit on Graves. You'll only have one rocket so make it count.
Ghost Team Achievements
Practice makes perfect achievement.
To obtain Practice Makes Perfect, you'll need to shoot out all the targets in the Training Area . The Training Area is where you fight Graves while he's in a tank. The targets are metal boards with a design of an enemy holding a gun.
The mission will end once you destroy the tank so you'll need to take all of them out beforehand. It can be difficult to find them while avoiding gunfire so prioritize clearing targets that are indoors before going for the ones outside. Move from house to house to make sure you don't miss any. How to Get Practice Makes Perfect!
Weapons Found in Ghost Team
All weapons in the level, call of duty: modern warfare 2 (mw2) related guides.
Campaign Story Walkthrough
- All Campaign Missions
We at Game8 thank you for your support.
In order for us to make the best articles possible, share your corrections, opinions, and thoughts about 「Ghost Team Mission Walkthrough | Modern Warfare 2 (MW2)」 with us!
When reporting a problem, please be as specific as possible in providing details such as what conditions the problem occurred under and what kind of effects it had.
Do you want to send this information?
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Wiki Top
Updates and Patch Notes
- All Updates
- Season 1 Update (November 16)
- Season 1 Reloaded (December 14)
- Season 2 Update (February 15)
- Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- 11/1/2022 Update Patch Notes and Bug Fix
- 11/3/2022 Update and Player Showcase Bug Fix
- 1.08 Patch Notes: Attachment Tuning Fix Update
- 11/9/2022 Update: Weekly Stars Reset
- 11/10/2022 Update: NVIDIA Driver Fix
- 11/18/2022 Update: Social Menu Bug Fix
- November 22 Update Patch Notes (Season 1)
- 12/2/2022 Update: Crashes and FPS Drop Fix for PC
- December 2 Update Patch Notes (Season 1)
- 12/16/2022 Update: Reduced Crashing Fix
- 12/16/2022 Update Patch Notes and Bug Fix
- 12/19/2022 Update Patch Notes
- 01/13/2023 Update Patch Notes
- 01/20/2023 Update Patch Notes
- 01/30/2023 Update Patch Notes
- 02/16/2023 Update Patch Notes
- Beginner's Guide to MW2
- How to Level Up Fast
- How to Unlock All Camos
- How to Unlock All Calling Cards
- How to Unlock Gold Camo
- Is there Hardcore Mode in MW2?
- Combat Record and How to Check KD Ratio
- Killstreak Guide: Best Killstreaks
- Best Loadouts
- Best Optics
- How to Unlock All Operators
- How to Unlock All Emblems
- How to Unlock All Weapons
- How to Unlock Slimline Pro
- How to Unlock Mastery Camos
- How to Play Split Screen
- How to Unlock All Charms
- How to Get Season 1 Combat Pack
- How to Unlock All Stickers
- Gunsmith 2.0 Guide
- Firing Basics: All New Shooting Mechanics
- Movement Guide: Basics & Combat Techniques
- Vehicle Guide: How to Use & Customize Vehicles
- All Call of Duty In-Game Terms & Callouts
- Controls and Best Settings
- How to Slide Cancel
- How to Customize Your Loadout
- How to Play in Third Person
- List of Campaign Rewards
- How to Do Finishing Moves
- How Long is Modern Warfare 2's Campaign?
- Killstreak & Scorestreak Guide
- How to Dolphin Dive
- How to Skip Cutscenes
- Best Guns for the Campaign
- Perks Guide
- Field Upgrades Guide
- How to Save Custom Mods
- Hardcore Mode
- Ranked Play Guide
- How to Link Your Activision Account
- Is In-Game Voice Chat Available?
- How Does Aim Assist Work?
- Can You Customize Operators?
- The Story So Far
- Is Modern Warfare 2 a Remake?
- What is the Max Level Cap?
- Can You Change Crosshairs?
- Can You Prestige?
- How to Change Your Name
- What is Battle Rage?
- What is the Weapon Vault?
- Mountain Dew In-Game Rewards
- Twitch Drops Release Date and List of Rewards
- Little Caesar's In-Game Rewards
- What is Weapon Tuning?
- How to Inspect Your Weapon
- List of All Death Quotes
- How to Turn on FidelityFX Cas?
- Should You Buy the Battle Pass?
- Jack Link's In-Game Rewards
- List of Rank Progression Rewards
- Offensive Chat and Account Name Warnings
- How to Unlock All Loading Screen Backgrounds
- Is Double XP Event Coming to MW2?
- List of War Tracks and How to Equip
- When is Free-to-Play Weekend?
- What Are Longshot Kills?
- What Are Point-Blank Kills?
- How to Create Groups (Clans)
- Is MW2 Coming to Nintendo Switch?
- What Are Operator Kills?
- How to Get Prime Gaming Rewards and Link Account
- How to Appear Offline
- How Many Guns Are in Modern Warfare 2?
- How to Get CDL Major 2 Viewership Rewards
- Path of the Ronin Season 2 Event
- How to Get Objective Defense Kills
- Season 2 Battle Pass and Rewards
- Latest News & Events
Latest News & Events
- Warzone 2.0 Release Date
- What Time Will Warzone 2.0 Release?
- Is Warzone 2.0 Free to Play?
- Is Warzone 2.0 Cross Platform?
- Available Platforms
- Pre-Load Date and Time
- System Requirements
- Server Status
- What is Skill-Based Matchmaking ?
- List of Warzone 2.0 Game Modes
- How to Play DMZ
- How to Play Battle Royale
- Unhinged BR Trios
- How to Play Duos Game Mode
- Beginner's Guide to Warzone 2.0
- Strongholds Guide
- Black Sites Guide
- All Ashika Island DMZ Key Locations
- Building 21 Key and Location
- What is Circle Collapse?
- How to Get Your Loadout
- What are Buy Stations?
- Best Warzone 2.0 Loadouts
- All DMZ Faction Missions and Rewards
- Proximity Chat Guide
- What is the Gulag?
- How to Ping Enemies
- How Does the Interrogation System Work?
- How to Get Weapon Cases in DMZ
- Best Items to Loot
- How to Get the Nuke Contract
- How to Unlock All Vehicle Skins
- Best Settings For Warzone 2.0
- How to Turn On Contextual Tap
- What is CODBall?
- What is Support Your Team Pick'em?
- Best Guns for Warzone 2.0
- How to Refill Vehicles
- All DMZ Key Locations and Map
- Best Locations to Drop In
- Best Audio Settings for Hearing Footsteps
- Taraq Smuggler's Office Key and Location
- Power Substation Toolbox Key and Location
- Yum Yum Burger Back Room Key and Location
- Kushaak Construction Warehouse Key and Location
- Taraq River Supply Shack Key and Location
- Is Resurgence Coming Back to Warzone 2.0?
- How to Find the Golden Skull and Ship Cache Locations
- How to Get Battle Pass Tokens?
- Ahmed Grocery Store Key and Location
- Far South Eastern Storage Key and Location
- What is AQ Soldier Kills?
- Is Rebirth Island In Warzone 2.0?
- Natural Treasure Black Mous Mission
- How to Complete Safecracker Contract
- Best RPK Build
- Can You Play Split Screen on Warzone 2.0?
- Best TAQ-56 Build
- Downtown Post Office Key and Location
- Best Fennec 45 Build
- How to Complete Secure Intel Contract
- Best M13B Build
- How to Complete Secure Nuclear Material Contract
- Mountaintop Spotter Shack Key and Location
- Longshoreman's Duffel Bag Key and Location
- IHTAQ Warehouse Supply Room Key and Location
- How to Add People on Warzone 2.0
- South Bank Apartment Key and Location
- Rohan Oil Control Room Locker Key and Location
- Enfer Back Room Key and Location
- CH7 Secure Records Room Key and Location
- Badge of Honor White Lotus Mission
- Dead Drop Dumpster Location
- Weapons Repair Kit Key and Location
- Hafid Ship Bridge Cache Key and Location
- Scientist's Locker Key and Location
- South Zaya Scientist Apartment Key and Location
- Best Sniper Class
- Bank of Adal Office Keys and Location
- How to Check Your Warzone 2.0 Stats
- How to Play Mini Royale
- How to Get Building 21 Weapon Cases
- Do You Need PS Plus or Xbox Live to Play?
- Can You Change Perks?
- Sattiq Guest Quarters Key and Location
- What Is Assimilation Refill?
- Ashika Island
- Is Plunder Coming to Warzone 2?
- When Does Jailbreak Happen?
- Can You Still Play Warzone 1?
- What is Restore Honor in Resurgence?
- How to Get Ashika Island Weapon Cases
- How to Get Sea Treasure Tokens
Warzone 2.0 Bugs
- List of Warzone 2.0 Bugs
- Can't Invite Friends Bug
- Skipping Downed Phase Bug
- Dev Error 356 Bug
- Lobbies Not Filling Bug
- Your Profile Was Signed Out Bug
- Max Tokens Bug
- Operator Executions Bug
- Purchase MW2 to Access Everything Error
- How to Fix Error Code: 0x887A0005
- How to Fix Error 2012
- Private Lobby Bugs (Dev Error 292, 11642, and 401)
- Status Savannah Error and How to Fix
- Gulag Respawn Bug and How to Fix
Warzone 2.0 Maps
- Kill or Capture
- Cartel Protection
- Recon by Fire
- Violence and Timing
- El Sin Nombre
- Prison Break
- List of All Weapons
All Weapons by Class
- All Melee Weapons
- All Handguns and Sidearms
- All Assault Rifles
- All Battle Rifles
- All Marksman Rifles
- All Submachine Guns (SMGs)
- All Light Machine Guns (LMGs)
- All Shotguns
- All Sniper Rifles
- All Launchers
- Best Sniper Rifle
- Best Assault Rifle
- Best Quickscope Class
- Best Submachine Gun
- Best Marksman Rifle
- Best Assault Class
- Best Shotgun
Weapon Tier Lists
- Best Guns for Multiplayer
- Best Guns for Campaign
- List of Weapon Attachments
- Best Weapon Attachments
Attachments by Category
- All Ammunition
- All Barrels
- All Magazines
- All Muzzles
- All Rear Grips
- All Underbarrels
Bugs and Bug Fixes
- List of Bugs and Bug Fixes
- Attachment Tuning Disabled
- Spawn Without a Primary Weapon Bug
- Party Lobby Crashing Fix
- Wall Hacking Bug/Ping Function Disabled
- Multiplayer Main Menu Bug Fix
- How to Access Oni Operator & Vault Items
- Post-Match XP & Weapon Rank Progression Missing Bug
- Game Lobby Freezing Bug
- Gold Camo Challenge Not Unlocking Bug
- Xbox Party of More Than 3 Bug
- How to Fix Voice Service Unavailable Error
- Dev Error 11063 and How to Fix
- Join Failed Different Version Error
- Steam Connection Timeout Error
- Update 1.03 Bug: PS5 Patch Installation Error
- Display Name Error
- How to Fix Audio Continuity Issue
- No Supported DXGI Adapter Found Fix
- Puget Lakes Error and How to Fix
- Fetching Account Data from Platform Error and How to Fix
- Error Code: Diver
- How to Fix Dev Error 11557
- Names Freezing on HUD Bug
- Puget Altus Error and How to Fix
- Travis Rilea Error and How to Fix
- List of Trophies
- Must Be Wind
- No Time to Lose
- A Crappy Way to Die
- Don't Touch the Deck!
- Practice Makes Perfect
- Gentleman Thief
- All Multiplayer Maps
- Mercado Las Almas
- Breenbergh Hotel
- Al Bagra Fortress
- Crown Raceway
- Santa Sena Border Crossing
- Zarqwa Hydroelectric
- Taraq (Ground War)
- Taraq (Invasion)
- Sa'id (Ground War)
- Sariff Bay (Ground War)
- Guijarro (Ground War)
- When is Shipment Coming to MW2?
- Shoot House
- All Multiplayer Game Modes
- Team Deathmatch
- Prisoner Rescue
- Search and Destroy
- CDL Moshpit
- Cyber Attack
- All Characters and Operators
- Captain John Price (Barry Sloane)
- Simon “Ghost” Riley (Samuel Roukin)
- General Shepherd (Glenn Morshower)
- Kyle "Gaz" Garrick (Elliot Knight)
- Colonel Alejandro Vargas (Alain Mesa)
- Hassan Zyani (Ibrahim Renno)
- Kate Laswell (Rya Kihlstedt)
- Sgt. John “Soap” Mactavish (Neil Ellice)
- Commander Phillip Graves (Warren Kole)
- Farah Karim (Claudia Doumit)
- Diego Salgado (Ramon Fernandez)
- Valeria Garza (Maria Elisa Camargo)
- Núñez (Ace Marrero)
- Rodolfo Parra (Bayardo De Murguia)
- Nikolai (Stefan Kapičić)
- List of All Blueprints
Blueprints by Weapon Class
- List of Assault Rifle Blueprints
- List of Sniper Rifle Blueprints
- List of Handgun Blueprints
- List of Melee Blueprints
- List of Battle Rifle Blueprints
- List of Submachine Gun Blueprints
- List of Shotgun Blueprints
- List of Marksman Rifle Blueprints
- List of Light Machine Gun Blueprints
- Raids Guide: How to Unlock and Play Raids
- Atomgrad EP. 01 Raids Walkthrough
- How to Get Raids Assignments and Keys
- Does Raids Have Matchmaking?
- List of Mystery Case Rewards
- All Spec Ops Missions
- Low Profile
- Defender: Mt. Zaya
- Gun Game: Mt. Zaya
- Denied Area
- High Ground
- List of All Equipment
- All Tactical Equipment
- All Lethal Equipment
- All Field Upgrades
- List of All Shop Bundles
- Messi Operator Shop Bundle
- Night Patrol Shop Bundle
- Jacked_In Shop Bundle
- Torment's Return
- Pogba Operator Bundle
- Etched Flesh
- MWII Pro Pack: Desert Rogue
- Neymar Jr. Operator Bundle
- Knight's Command
- Executive Warfighter
- Violent Embrace
- Atomic Sunrise
- Tactical Human 1.0
- Greased and Camo'd
- Engraved Dragon
- CDL Launch Pack
- Vault Edition
- Fuerzas Especiales
- Infinite Warfighters: ETH.3N
- Warning Skin
- The Boneyard
- Acid Washed
- Damascus Forge
- Fringe Tactical
- Grimm: Crimson Pack
- Atlanta Faze Team Pack
- Boston Breach Team Pack
- Florida Mutineers Team Pack
- London Royal Ravens Team Pack
- Los Angeles Guerrillas Team Pack
- Los Angeles Thieves Team Pack
- Minnesota Rokkr Team Pack
- New York Subliners Team Pack
- Optic Texas Team Pack
- Seattle Surge Team Pack
- Toronto Ultra Team Pack
- Vegas Legion Team Pack
- Frontline Fighter
- After Burner
- Raid Bundle: Season 1
- Holiday Gift Pack
- Tracer Pack: Klaus Operator
- Merry Mayhem
- Dune Stalker
- Overgrown 2
- Fringe Tactical 2
- Tracer Pack: New Year's
- Tokyo Streets
- Notice Me 1.0
- Pixel Perfect
- Tactical Human 2.0
- Frontier Fighter
- Perseverance Pack
- Tracer Pack: Damascus Forge 2
- Game Is Life
- Synthwave 2
- Midnight Merc
- Year of the Rabbit
- Sticker Bomb
- Spartan Tower
- Release Date and Time Countdown
- Standard, Cross-Gen, and Vault Editions
- How to Pre-Order & All Pre-Order Bonuses
- Minimum & Recommended System Requirements
- How to Preload Modern Warfare 2
- All Available Platforms
- Is There Crossplay?
- Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta Rewards
- All New Features & Gameplay Mechanics
- Is Campaign Co-Op Available?
- Will MW (2019) Skins Transfer to MW2?
- List of Trailers & Gameplay Videos
- Do You Need a Phone Number to Play?
- List of Voice Actors
- Will Modern Warfare 2 Have Zombies?
- Are MW2 Servers Down?
- List of Changes from the Beta
- Makarov Reveal: Post-Credit Scene Explained
- How to Unlock Burger King Operator Skin
- List of All Promotions
- How to Get C.O.D.E. Protector Pack
- Call of Duty League Season Schedule
Other Call of Duty Wikis
- Modern Warfare 3
- 1 Hardcore Mode
- 2 Can You Change Perks?
- 3 How to Get Building 21 Weapon Ca...
- 4 How to Save Custom Mods
- 5 Season 1 Reloaded (Mid-Season Up...
- We could not find the message board you were looking for.
Super Mario RPG Review
Game8's Game Of The Year Awards 2023
Dungeons of Sundaria Review
The Biggest Gaming News Stories of 2023
More Gaming News
Genshin Impact Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Honkai: Star Rail Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (SV) Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Pokemon UNITE Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Fire Emblem Heroes (FEH) Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Super Mario RPG Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Pokemon Legends: Arceus Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
New Pokemon Snap Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
FF7 Remake Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
Elden Ring Walkthrough & Guides Wiki
All rights reserved
© 2021-2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, WARZONE, and RICOCHET ANTI-CHEAT are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. The copyrights of videos of games used in our content and other intellectual property rights belong to the provider of the game. The contents we provide on this site were created personally by members of the Game8 editorial department. We refuse the right to reuse or repost content taken without our permission such as data or images to other sites.
- Popular Articles
- View history
Ghost Team is the sixteenth and penultimate mission featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II .
- 1 Characters
- 3 Weapon Loadout
- 4 Transcript
Characters [ ]
- Johnny "Soap" MacTavish (playable)
- Kyle "Gaz" Garrick (playable)
- Alejandro Vargas
- Simon "Ghost" Riley
- Rodolfo Parra
- Phillip Graves
- Valeria Garza (P.O.W.)
- Shepherd (cutscene and mentioned)
After finding out the truth , Captain Price confronts General Shepherd about the remaining missile and the betrayal from Shadow Company's forces . The two then both go into a brief argument. Shepherd reveals his true nature, telling Price that Phillip Graves is "a dog with a bone" and suggest him to not go after him. Price then threatens the General and ends the call.
Price then gathers all other members of Task Force 141 and Los Vaqueros together, where he announces his plan to take back the Fuerzas Especiales Headquarters, secure Valeria and kill Commander Graves. Price then states that this is a fight against their own, and, they are not 141 or Los Vaqueros on this, re-affirming that they are a team: Ghost Team .
Weapon Loadout [ ]
Transcript [ ].
- In the beginning cutscene, when Alejandro rallies his men, the song " 141 " can be heard faintly in the background.
- The code used to open the doors, 6-2-7, is a reference to the original John Price from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 who was referred as Prisoner 627.
- Alejandro will not throw the initial Smoke Grenade if the player quickly passes by him and successfully evades the laser.
- The player will have less reserve ammo for their weapons each time the mission switches between Soap and Gaz's perspectives.
- The suppressed Expedite 12 , BAS-P , and MX9 from the first appearing Shadows are coated with "Concrete Jungle" camouflage where as other weapons used by Shadow Company are coated in "Shadow Tiger", originally called "Eclipse", camouflage.
- The player can use the turreted vehicle in front of the Fuerzas Especiales headquarters should it not be destroyed.
- The scene where Alejandro, Gaz, and Price arrive at the compound was shown differently in the Reveal trailer as they were accompanied by Ghost and Soap, and none of them wore a mask.
- Graves' line "You think this is a fucking game out here?" will become "你以为自己在玩《使命召唤》吗？" ( You think you are playing Call of Duty? ) if Simplified Chinese subtitles are enabled.
- The mission is mentioned by Alex Keller in the intro cinematic cutscene of Season Five when Alex told Graves that he heard that he died inside the tank in South America. But Graves then reveals that he wasn't in the tank.
- Call of Duty
- 1 Call of Duty (series)
- 2 Simon "Ghost" Riley
" Ghost Team " is the sixteenth mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II single-player campaign. You will go after Graves during this mission and help the Vaqueros regain their headquarters.
This Ghost Team walkthrough explains all the tasks you need to complete this mission.
- Completion Reward: Hutch as an Operator
Ghost Team Walkthrough
You will be in the tunnels that lead to the facility where Grave is. This place is filled with traps, so you need to use a smoke bomb to spot them and deactivate them before being able to keep moving forward. Stay away from the green lasers coming out of the traps and deactivate them by interacting with the big red squares on the walls.
You will need to repeat this process through the tunnels until you reach a couple of guards, take them down, and keep moving forward. Wait until your team opens the door and keep moving through the tunnels. Remember to use smoke bombs to see the traps.
Keep moving forward and deactivating traps until you reach a ladder. Use it to go up.
Hijacking the Apache Helicopter
Once outside, kill the Shadows guarding the helicopter so the team can hijack it.
Move forward and enter Hangar 01 through the door.
Your PoV will change now to Ghost's team. Grab the Spotter Scope and the Armor Plates inside the vehicle and mark the gate using the Spotter Scope outside so the chopper can take it down.
Get off the vehicle and clear the area. Remember, you can mark any spot with the Spotter Scope if you need assistance.
Getting to the Tower
Move forward towards the Tower. Enemies will come out from a nearby building. Clear the area however you see fit.
There are a couple of tanker trucks below the Tower. You can use the Spotter on them to create a big explosion that will kill many enemies.
Move forward into the main Housing. If you use the Spotter on this building, the antenna will crash on top of it. You can use it to get inside the Housing building from above.
Clear the Headquarters
Once the housing building is clear, you must move to the main headquarters. A tank will block the entrance, but you can use the Spotter to blow it up.
Next, clear the outside area of the HQ and get close to the door to end this mission segment.
You will switch PoV again to get back to the team that was about to get inside Hangar 1.
Clear the hangar and get to the other there, wait until Alejandro opens it and head outside.
Your objective here will be to cross the area to get to Hangar 03. You can use military tanks and trucks to hide from enemies and get to the other side without being detected.
Get to Hangar 03 and input the code Alejandro gives you to get inside. Clear the area and then investigate the blue container to rescue Valeria.
Get to Graves
Your PoV will change again, right where you left Ghost and his team, breaching the headquarters' main door.
Get inside and clear the first and second floor, you want to act quick, or Graves might get away.
Once the area is safe, head to the control room and use the exit on the right.
Head outside and follow Rodolfo to the training area. There Graves will be inside a tank, waiting for you.
You will need to explode four C4 charges on the tank to destroy the tank. First, look for orange crates lying in the area and open them to find the C4. Then stick the explosives to the tank and detonate it.
While trying to destroy the tank, you must also watch for any Shadow roaming the training area. We recommend first getting rid of the mercenaries and then focusing on sticking the C4 to the tank.
After four C4 blasts, the tank will be destroyed, Graves killed, and the mission over.
Up Next: Countdown
Top guide sections.
- Campaign Difficulty
- How-To Guides
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.
- Join to get exclusive perks & news!
- Homepage My List Settings Sign out
- Copyright 2023 © eSports Media GmbH®
- Impressum and Disclaimer
- Call of Duty
Modern Warfare 2: How To Destroy The Tank In Ghost Team Mission
One of the hardest fights in the Modern Warfare 2 campaign is against the tank of the villain Graves. Here are some tips on how to defeat Graves' tank.
The campaign of Modern Warfare 2 is already playable before the official release thanks to the Early Access model and is a lot of fun. However, Infinity Ward has put even more focus on tactics and stealth this year than in MW2019. That means fewer enemies, but they are much more difficult – especially the armored guys give us a hard time on the higher difficulty levels. To help you get through the MW2 campaign, we've already explained the new crafting system and even given you the codes for the hidden safes .
Unfortunately, all this won't help you in the penultimate mission of the campaign, where you will have to deal with a big tank. If you're fighting a tank on foot and don't even have a rocket launcher at your disposal, you're out of luck for the time being, which is exactly why we're giving you a few tips for the tank boss fight in Mission 16 of the Call of Duty campaign, Ghost Team,.
Note: In the following we will spoil wildly, so if you want to approach the campaign without being spoiled, you should not read on.
Modern Warfare 2 Graves Tank Boss Fight
The boss fight against the tank takes place at the end of the penultimate mission called "Ghost Team". So by the time you get here, you already know that Graves, the leader of Shadow Company, is a total scumbag. Of course, we have to take this jerk down, so we infiltrate the occupied base where Shadow Company has taken up residence. After shooting your way through the entire base and securing drug lord Valeria, you'll meet Graves at the end of the mission.
As usual for such a sneaky traitor, Graves doesn't face you in a fair duel, of course, but hides in a tank and has infantry support with him at the same time. We also fight the tank in a closed-off arena, in which there are only a few wooden barracks, which are shot to pieces by Graves one by one. So how can we defeat the tank?
- As soon as you enter the arena and the fight starts, you should get into one of the wooden buildings as quickly as possible to break the line of sight between you and the tank that is constantly passing through the arena.
- Take care of the few foot soldiers first before focusing on the tank.
- In each of the buildings, there are orange crates that contain C4 . However, you will only receive one C4 charge per crate.
- Grab the C4, take cover and wait for the tank to pass near you.
- Throw the C4 at the tank (it can be thrown a few meters and then sticks to the tank). Be sure to stand next to or behind the tank to avoid being blown to pieces.
- Take cover again and detonate the C4.
- Repeat the whole thing with the next C4 crates and after three to four C4 charges at the most, the tank is destroyed and you have eliminated Graves.
In itself, the boss fight against Graves tank isn't that complicated. The main difficulty is that the tank can take a lot of damage and the cover options dwindle over time, as Graves gradually reduces everything to rubble. Just try to show yourself as little as possible and interrupt the line of sight to the tank as soon as possible once he has spotted you.
- MW2: How To Fix "Steam Connection Timed Out" Error
And that's all there is to say about the tank boss fight against Graves. What did you think of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign? Do you like the more tactical gameplay with tougher enemies or would you rather just plow through masses of enemies like before?
Lukas has been passionate about shooters his whole life and at EarlyGame he teaches you everything about CoD, while also taking care of partner projects and affiliate marketing. He also plays Souls-likes and doesn't shy away from the Diablo-grind either. ...
- Share Facebook Twitter Reddit WhatsApp Copy URL