All-round Windows PC data backup, sync, and clone software.
- AOMEI Backupper >
- Windows 7 Backup >
Ghost Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit with Best Free Ghost Software
In this article, you will find 2 free ways to ghost Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit system safely and securely.
By Ivy / Updated on October 20, 2022
Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit
Windows 7 end of support, ghost image windows 7 free download, how to ghost windows 7 64-bit easily, ghost windows 7 64 bit with best free ghost software.
Generally speaking, Microsoft Windows PCs operating system, including Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, all of them contains 32-bit (x86) version and 64-bit (x64) version. For Windows Servers, Windows Sever 2008 R2 and later are only 64-bit operating system, you could not install them on 32-bit processor computer.
The terms 32 bit and 64 bit refer to the way a computer's processor (CPU) handles information. What difference between 32 bit and 64-bit operating system in Windows 7? Which is better? The 32-bit processor can only run 32-bit version of Windows while the 64-bit processor could run either the 64-bit or 32-bit versions. Besides, the 64-bit version of Windows handles larger random access memory (RAM, 2GB - 192GB) more effectively than a 32-bit system (1GB - 4GB).
How to tell if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 7/8/10? Here is the steps:
Open your Start menu, type msinfo32 in the search box, and press Enter . 2. Find System Type in System Summary , you could see either x64-based PC or x86-based PC.
Can I get a ghost image for Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit from Microsoft? And how to ghost (also called backup) Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit installed on my computer securely. First, you should be aware of Windows 7 end of support, and there are something you should know.
Now, the Microsoft support for Windows 7 has ended on January 14, 2020. After Windows 7 end of life, what should you to protect your data from cyber-attack, virus?
If you still want to use Windows 7 OS, please check how to block TCP port 445 to survive from virus like WannaCry Ransomware. Based on your budgets, you could get Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) for another 3 years until January 10, 2023 to protect your data and OS. It’s highly recommend to backup your Windows 7 OS and all the critical data on that computer regularly. Otherwise, you could upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 to get technical support from Microsoft to secure your data and OS.
For now, Microsoft still provides you the original Windows 7 ghost image ISO file for downloading. If you still want to create your own installation USB/DVD media to install Windows 7 on your computer, ensure you still have the Windows 7 25-character product key (inside the box that Windows DVD came in, on the DVD or in the confirmation email).
Go to Microsoft Website, enter the Windows 7 product key and verify the key; select a language and 32-bit or 64-bit version to download.
If you are trying to download original ISO image file for Windows 10 instead of downloading the media creation tool to create installation media, you could try the trick below in Google Chrome:
Go to Microsoft webpage to download Windows 10 ISO file.
Press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I to open Developer tools, or click Settings icon -> More Tools -> Developer tools .
In Developer tools window, click the icon shaped as a mobile gadget to start an emulator, and choose a one of the suggested devices.
Refresh the page, this Windows 10 ISO page will changed, now close Developer tools window.
Select an edition, language, 32-bit or 64-bit version for downloading Windows 10 original ISO file.
Windows 7 built in a backup utility named Windows Backup and Restore, you could try it to backup, here are the steps. If it can’t meet all your needs, you can turn to another free ghost software which has more advanced options.
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore .
2. Click Create a system image at the left panal.
3. Select a target location to save Windows 7 backup image, the location includes hard drive, DVD, or a network drive.
4. Overview the settings and click Start Backup to ghost Windows 7 64-bit system.
The best free Windows ghost software for Windows 64-bit - AOMEI Backupper Standard could help you backup the whole Windows 7 system files, all installed programs, drivers, etc. to another safe location, like external hard drive, USB flash drive, NAS, network location, etc. It’s specially designed for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit) and has a user-friendly UI to make it straightforward to ghost Windows 7. First of all, get ghost software for windows 7 64 bit free download, and have it a go to backup Windows 7 64-bit, here it is:
1. Execute AOMEI Backupper Standard, choose Backup -> System Backup .
2. Choose a destination location to save the Windows 7 64-bit ghost image.
Tips : ✿ You could rename the Task Name to distinguish from other backups if required. ✿ The system partitions associated with system files, boot files will be automatically selected.
3. Press Start Backup button to create a system image for Windows 7 64-bit.
Tips : ✿ Schedule: you could try to backup your files daily, weekly, monthly, or set it to a full backup or incremental backup. The differential backup is only available in premium edition, you could upgrade to enjoy more features. ✿ Options: you could modify the backup image via this option, split, compress, comment the backup file, even enable email notification, change the Microsoft VSS, etc. ✿ Scheme: paid feature. It allows you to delete old backups to manage your Windows 7 storage space easily.
Wait for a few minutes, the operation to ghost Windows 7 64 bit will be completed. Click Finish to accomplish.
You could restore your Windows 7 64-bit system with the ghost image created by AOMEI Backupper Standard if system crashed. It also supported in AOMEI Backupper Professional to restore Windows 7 image to dissimilar hardware computer .
With the help of AOMEI Backupper Standard, ghost Windows 7 64 bit is a piece of cake as long as you have the professional Windows backup software. AOMEI Backupper is more flexible than Windows Backup and Restore, and provides more advanced features, like disk backup, partition, file backup to protect your personal data. Furthermore, you could migrate Windows 7/8/10 OS to another computer or SSD securely with AOMEI Backupper and ensure it bootable. For server users, try more features with AOMEI Backupper Server .
How to ghost a hard drive of windows 7 easily and safely .
As for the task of ghosting Windows 7/8/10/11 hard drive, you have two effective ways, either imaging or cloning. Learn more about them now!
How to Ghost Windows 10 64-bit/32-bit Computer Easily?
How to ghost Windows 10 64-bit or 32-bit to another computer easily? The best ghost program will help you create Windows 10 ghost image safely with just a few clicks.
Top Two Easy Ways to Ghost UEFI Windows 10
Looking for easy ways to create a ghost image of UEFI Windows 10, 11? Read this article carefully to get the detailed steps.
How to Clone Windows 7 to Multiple Computers Simultaneously?
You will learn how to easily clone Windows 7 to multiple computers with all-in-one backup software. Also, it is able to clone Windows 7 to new computer.
Free Get AOMEI Backupper Now
Safeguard any data of your computer with backup, sync and clone.
- Canada - (English)
- Canada - (Français)
- Latinoamérica - (Español)
- United States - (English)
- Australia - (English)
- India - (English)
- New Zealand (English)
- Philippines - (English)
- Singapore - (English)
- Traditional Chinese - (繁體中文)
- 대한민국 - (English)
Drive imagining software used for windows.
Operating system: Windows
Antivirus check: passed
Last revision: Last week
Report a Problem
Norton Ghost includes advanced data archiving and recovery capabilities for personal computers. It is possible to create an exact copy of the hard disk (you do not need to reboot your computer), including for its transfer to another hard disk, and Norton Ghost supports not only the transfer of the operating system, but also the installation of individual applications. It supports fast data recovery, scheduling automatic archiving, copying backups to CDs, DVDs, network drives and USB or FireWire external devices, creating a disaster recovery disc for quick system recovery, and more.
Our users also use EasyRecovery and R-Studio Data Recovery for data recovery.
Norton Ghost provides an advanced data backup solution, allowing for precise hard disk cloning and swift system recovery.
- Creates full system and file backups
- Creates scheduled and event-based backups
- Allows you to restore the system after a failure
- Full system backup (disk image) - creates a backup of all data on the hard disk or in the
- File and Folder Backup - allows you to select individual files and folders to back up, rather than the entire drive.
- Incremental backup - to save time and memory, back up only modified files.
- Backwards compatibility - allows you to restore data from previous versions of Norton Ghost or Norton Save & Restore
- Load management - allows you to continue working, minimizing the use of system resources.
- Event Backup - Automatically backs up important events, such as installing a program or saving large amounts of data, when they occur.
- Improved compression and encryption - save memory and ensure the security of sensitive documents.
- Google™ Desktop integration - Search index-based backups speeds up data recovery.
- Memory management - automatically monitors and optimizes disk space usage for backups.
- System Status Summary - displays all scheduled backup operations and the backup status for each computer disk in one window.
- Remote management - allows you to manage other Norton Ghost 12 instances in the network. (To install Norton Ghost 12.0 on another computer on the network, an additional license is required.)
- LightsOut Restore - restores the system with the help of the software saved on the hard disk without using a bootable CD.
- Create Virtual Disk - Converts recovery points to VMWare® Virtual Disk (.vmdk) or Microsoft® Virtual Disk (.vhd).
Nathan Tue, Dec 19, 2023 Norton Ghost, created by Symantec is a software specifically designed for Windows that allows users to make copies of their drives. With this software there's no need to restart the computer as it seamlessly transfers all data to another disk. It offers features, like data recovery automatic archiving scheduling, backup copying to different storage devices and the ability to create a disaster recovery disc. Norton Ghost is a tool, for personal computer users looking for data archiving and recovery capabilities. - The software has the ability to create backups of both the system and individual files. - It allows for scheduled backups, as backups triggered by specific events. - In case of system failure it facilitates restoration of the system. - Users have the choice between system backups in the form of disk images or backing up files and folders. - It offers functionality to save time and memory during subsequent backups. - Compatibility with previous versions of Norton Ghost or Norton Save & Restore is maintained for user convenience. - The software efficiently manages system resources to minimize impact on performance during operations. - Important events can be automatically backed up using the Event Backup feature. - Improved compression and encryption algorithms ensure efficient memory usage and data security - Integration with Google™ Desktop enables data recovery when needed. - Disk space usage for backups is optimized through memory management techniques. - A System Status Summary provides an overview of all scheduled operations at a glance. - Remote management capabilities allow for administration of instances of Norton Ghost within a network. - LightsOut Restore functionality enables system restoration without requiring a CD. - Recovery points can be converted into VMWare® Virtual Disks or Microsoft® Virtual Disks using Create Virtual Disk feature. - Some users also rely on EasyRecovery and RStudio Data Recovery tools, for their data recovery needs. Pros: - The software makes disk imaging and data recovery backups straightforward. - It offers tools for migrating systems to hardware effectively. - Advanced compression and encryption features ensure secure data storage. Cons: - Limited support for Linux file systems may restrict usability in those cases. - Novice users may find the user interface somewhat complex to navigate initially. - Compared to competing software it provides options for cloud based backup solutions.
Made with in Cyprus and Greece
What can we help you with?
Download & install, buy & renew, protect windows and mac devices, protect android and ios devices, lifelock by norton, manage my account, other products.
- Norton Utilities Ultimate (New)
- Norton Driver Updater
- Norton AntiTrack
- Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Norton 360 for Gamers
- Norton 360 Standard
- Norton 360 Deluxe
- Norton 360 with LifeLock Select
- Norton 360 with LifeLock Advantage
- Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate
- Threat Removal
- Norton Internet Security & AntiVirus for Mac
- Norton Security Suite for Comcast
- Norton Secure VPN
- Norton Core
- Norton Small Business
- Norton Small Business Premium
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton Safe Email
- End-of-Life announcement for Norton Ghost
- Post a Norton Ghost question on the Norton Forum
- Norton Ghost compatibility with Windows 8 & 10
- Consider Symantec Ghost Solution Suite for Small Business disc imaging needs
Ask the Community
Our community of customers and product experts are ready to answer your questions.
Get expert help from Norton.
Sign in to get customized support for the products you own.
Choose your language from the list below
- Português (do Brasil)
- Canada Français
- Español (LAM)
Middle East Africa
- Português (Europeu)
- Español (EMEA)
- English (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
- English (Asia Pacific)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (India)
- System Utilities
- Photo & Graphics
- Internet & Network
- Mobile Phone Tools
- Development Tools
- Office Tools
- Home & Hobby
- System Utilities
- Backup & Restore
- Norton Ghost
Protect sensitive data by creating backup copies of applications preserving their settings, entire folders with their structure or separate files. The application features multiple backup creation options and provides scheduling for regular copying. Encryption of the backup data is possible.
Norton Ghost 15.0 is available as a free download on our software library. Users write reviews stating that the strong side of the software is: this tool is efficient . Our antivirus check shows that this download is virus free. The software lies within System Utilities, more precisely Backup & Restore. The actual developer of the program is Symantec Corporation. The size of the latest downloadable installer is 119.7 MB.
From the developer:
Norton Ghost 15.0 protects PCs including all applications, settings, folders, and files with advanced backup and recovery. It provides powerful protection with new features such as offsite backups and Symantec ThreatCon integration, as well as enhanced performance, one-to-one remote management, LightsOut Restore capability, and more.
You may want to check out more software, such as Norton Add-on Pack , Norton Utilities or Norton Antivirus Beta , which might be similar to Norton Ghost.
Editors & Converters
Viewers & Editors
8 Free Disk Cloning, Imaging, Backup And Restore Freeware
Home » Freeware and Software Reviews » SSD, HDD, RAM & Flash Memory
Norton Ghost was the best free disk imaging software until Symantec decided to put a price tag on it and eventually discontinue the product, the last version is Norton Ghost 15 and is being replaced by enterprise version Symantec System Recovery for business.
See More ▼ 20 Free Bad Sector, Corrupted, Damaged Hard Disk Data Recovery
Almost all laptop computer manufacturers such as HP, Dell, Asus, Lenovo, Apple, Acer and more no longer provide Microsoft Installation DVDs, Windows operating system are now hidden in a ‘secret’ drive within C drive. The reason being that – It is better for the environment. and Faster formatting and installation time.
The only drawback is what if your hard disk crashed? What if you decided to upgrade your SATA hard disk to SSD hard disk? How do you go about replacing your hard disk together with the Windows software in it? You can’t copy the files since it is hidden, you have no choice but to ‘clone’ it. Without further ado, here are 5 methods and software that enables you to clone your laptop and desktop hard disk.
Microsoft Windows 10 Backup Settings comes free with all Microsoft Windows operating systems. This feature enables you to create a duplicate copy of your drive with additional hidden drives. A Windows Complete PC Backup image contains copies of your programs, system settings, and files. It is a complete system backup that you can use to restore the contents of your computer if your hard disk or entire computer ever stops working.
Rescuezilla is an open-source easy-to-use disk imaging app that’s fully compatible with Clonezilla — the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions. Yes, Rescuezilla is the Clonezilla GUI (graphical user interface) that you might have been looking for. But Rescuezilla is more than a Clonezilla GUI!
Disk imaging makes a backup of your computer’s hard drive which is managed as files stored on an external hard drive. If your hard drive fails, you can restore your disk image and within a few minutes all your documents and settings will be restored to the exact same state they were in when the last snapshot was taken.
Rescuezilla lets you perform backup, restore and recovery actions, even if you aren’t able to boot into your regular operating system. It does not matter if you use Windows, Mac or Linux. It doesn’t matter if you can’t even login. Download and write the ISO to a USB stick, and reboot your machine. Your computer will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer’s memory without writing any information to your hard drive. Rescuezilla has the most features coupled with the simplest, most user-friendly interface:
- Easy graphical user interface boots from USB in seconds
- No installation needed; runs from a USB stick or a CD-ROM
- Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines
- Fully interoperable with Clonezilla, the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions
- Supports images made by VirtualBox, VMWare, Qemu and all known open-source imaging frontends including Clonezilla!
- Easily mount any supported image and copy out your files (beta)
- Access your files even if you can’t log in
- Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
- Internet access with a full-featured browse
2. Redo Rescue
Redo Rescue, formerly Redo Backup and Recovery, is a free backup and disaster recovery software. It runs from a bootable Linux CD image, features a GUI that is a front end to the Partclone command line utility, and is capable of bare-metal backup and recovery of disk partitions. It can use external hard drives and network shares.
When disaster strikes, Redo Rescue restores your system to perfect condition in minutes, overcoming unforseen damage, malware, accidental deletion, hackers, mistakes, and bad luck. Restore your system to a blank new drive and be up and running in minutes and preserve drive layout and restore data to different parts of the target drive.
G4L is a hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool. The created images are optionally compressed and transferred to an FTP server or cloned locally. CIFS(Windows), SSHFS and NFS support included, and udpcast and fsarchiver options. Backing up Windows partitions requires the use of a bootable G4L CD or running g4l via grub4dos.
- Raw compressed images of Disks or Partitions
- Create Images to ftp server, or sshfs, or windows cifs or nfs or local device
- Create NTFSCLONE compressed Images
- memtest to confirm good ram
- Hardware Detection Tool (HDT)
Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image® or Norton Ghost®. It helps you to do system deployment, bare metal backup and recovery. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition).
Clonezilla live is suitable for single machine backup and restore. While Clonezilla SE is for massive deployment, it can clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously. Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the hard disk. This increases the clone efficiency. With some high-end hardware in a 42-node cluster, a multicast restoring at rate 8 GB/min was reported.
- Many File systems are supported: (1) ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, btrfs, f2fs and nilfs2 of GNU/Linux, (2) FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS of MS Windows, (3) HFS+ of macOS, (4) UFS of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, (5) minix of Minix, and (6) VMFS3 and VMFS5 of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS windows, Intel-based macOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Minix, VMWare ESX and Chrome OS/Chromium OS, no matter it’s 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in the partition are saved and restored by Partclone. For unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla.
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Boot loader, including grub (version 1 and version 2) and syslinux, could be reinstalled.
- Both MBR and GPT partition formats of hard drive are supported. Clonezilla live also can be booted on a BIOS or uEFI machine.
- Unattended mode is supported. Almost all steps can be done via commands and options. You can also use a lot of boot parameters to customize your own imaging and cloning.
- One image restoring to multiple local devices is supported.
- Image could be encrypted. This is done with ecryptfs, a POSIX-compliant enterprise cryptographic stacked filesystem.
5. Macrium Reflect Free
Macrium Reflect Free is a Free Disaster Recovery that works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 (32 and native 64 Bit) and Windows 10. It is the fastest disk imaging and cloning software! What makes this different from others is the support for GUID Partition Table, also known as GPT.
GPT is meant as a replacement to hard drives using a MBR partition table, which has a 2.20TB size limitation and extends upon UEFI. Using GPT a drive could support between 8 and 9.4 ZB depending on the sector size. Some of the more unique features are:
- Access images in Windows Explorer.
- Schedule backups.
- Linux Rescue CD.
- Windows PE Rescue Media (RAID support).
6. Acronis True Image WD Edition
Acronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive. Cloning makes an exact copy of your old system drive on your new WD hard drive, including the operating system, applications, data, preferences, and email settings.
Everything will be present and operate exactly as it did on your old hard drive. Acronis True Image WD Edition now supports WD Advanced Format Drives and ensures that all partitions are optimally aligned. Key Features of Acronis True Image WD Edition Software:
- Drive Cloning – Copies the source drive to a new WD drive, leaving all data on the source drive.
- Drive Migration – Erase the source drive after the new WD drive has been imaged.
- Drive Deployment – Enables users to prepare a WD drive so that selected folders or partitions can be excluded from the destination image.
- Drive Image Backup – The long-term usage of the Drive Kit software will be to provide full drive image backups of a source drive at any time. Backup drive images will be stored as a file, which can be copied to any direct attached drive, network attached storage drive or optical media (CD/DVD).
- Drive Image Recovery – The Recovery Manager enables users to restore a drive image from a direct or network attached drive. The Recovery Manager can also either erase just a portion of the drive to be used for the restored drive image, or all of the previous OS.
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager – With the Drive Kit software, users can create a bootable ISO image file, which contains the WD Drive Kit Standalone Recovery Manager software.
- Recover a Drive Image from the Bootable Recovery Manager Software – The bootable Standalone Recovery Manager enables users to recover a drive image from either a CD/DVD drive, a direct attached drive, or a network attached drive.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and user manual and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
7. Acronis True Image Seagate DiscWizard Edition
Seagate DiscWizard only works with Maxtor and Seagate disc drives. The software lets you quickly install your new disc drive with wizards that guide you through the processes of creating and formatting partitions on your disc drive, transferring data, and backing up your data.
8. AOMEI Backupper Standard
Suffer a lot from data loss? Or worry about what will happen to you in the future? Then, why not backup your system, disks and files in advance, and once accidents happen, restore them all back immediately. AOMEI Backupper Standard is an all-in-one Free System backup and recovery software which is easiest and faster for users, even if you aren’t an IT expert.
- Backup system and create a system image to keep Windows and applications safe.
- Back up entire hard disk or specified partitions, or just cloning them.
- Save time and effort with automatic backup and incremental backup only for modified or added files.
- Clone a smaller HDD to a larger HDD for disk upgrade, or clone HDD to SSD for better performance.
- Back up your most important files and folders on a regular basis.
9. EaseUS Disk Copy Home
[ Not Free Anymore ] EaseUS Disk Copy Home is a faster & easier disk cloning software with reliable & powerful data backup and restore features to fully protect your data and computer. This is very useful because have an exact copy of all your files and Windows settings at any given time. This is a brilliant disk clone, SSD migration and hard disk upgrade solution. Unlike the free ‘Backup and Restore’ disk cloning function in Windows, EaseUS comes with more features, such as:
- Incremental and differential backup – Only backup changes made since the previous backup, saving time and storage space.
- Schedule backup – Flexible backup scheduler allows backups to run based on daily, weekly, monthly or event.
Why It Is Important To Have A Backup Copy Of Your Hard Disk?
Murphy’s law, anything bad that can happen will happen. It is always better to be safe than sorry, thus, buy a USB portable hard disk and keep a backup copy of all your files.
Recommended for you:
Free? “EaseUS Disk Copy Home” isn’t free!
Thanks for notifying us, it used to be free, we use it many times. We’ll update and remove the link. Thanks again.
HI. AOMEI now also wants money for cloning a disk.
AOMEI Backupper Standard frer for MBR to MBR only and wants upgrade to Pro for GPT>GTP and MBR>GPT.
Glad to see AOMEI Bakcupper. I have used it to back up system and disk and it works well.
As a pro user (and Linux user too), I suggest Clonezilla: I succesfully created and restored both Linux and Windows (7, 8, 8,1, 10) several times. It’s free, always updated and bootable (it runs from a live CD/USB).
Just one thing: Clonezilla has different architectures for different targets and two branches: one based on Debian and one (called “Alternative”) based on Ubuntu. You can usually run the Alternative version (i386 or AMD64, it depends on your PC) on every modern OS.
BUT REMEMBER: If you have to create and image of an UEFI based PC, you HAVE to use the “Alternative Stable 64 bit Version”. The Alternative 64 bit version supports both uefi and secureboot. All the other versions (included 64 bit debian based one) don’t support secureboot.
One good thing of Clonezilla is that it creates a compressed (about 50% as default) image of the USED SPACE and not of all the disk or patition.
Finally, if you can manage the Linux command line it has a lot of tools you can use to recover data, check disk health and so on…
WARNING! If you have to check and repair NTFS file system you HAVE to use the classic “ckdsk /f” from a Windows bootable live (you can use the official iso from Microsoft website: Linux support for NTFS fix is not still complete and not always effective. For Linux filesystem (e.g. ext4) you can use “fsck” (see the Man page for usage), which is more or less the equivalent of chkdsk in Windows.
Enjoy it! :-)
Hi Bert, great comment! I use Clonezilla too, but sometimes I need to use alternative software when I need clone a hard disk with higher size to a small one. What you suggest? And other issue is clone from a small hd to a bigger. The bigger stay with the size of the small and I don’t find a solution in Clonezilla to adjust these parameters. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Go to expert mode: For small to large use -k1 For large to small use -icds (as long as you know you have enough space to fit the image size)
I use Ghost for Linux, start it with g4l or use the Partedmagic CD/usb booto or use the g4l bare iso. G4L never lead me down. I started with other software, Clonezilla lead me down 2 times, unacceptable in the imaging/backup world. G4L was the next one and although it looks for some people “old fashioned”… it works great and thats what i need for our Debian systems.
For our Windows systems I’ve used Ghost 11.x till Win10 … it does not work. There were work around options reported but never tried them. Such a software should be reliable out of the box. For Windows I now used AOMEI Backupper Standard Free. It works extremely simple and so far all my trials (I recently started) look great. I found out that is seems better to download the Win PE environment via the menu rather than using the iso internally.
i have a 210MB hard drive that is for industrial computer. i’m trying to clone over to a new hard drive. the hard drive may have dos on it and the program to run the machine. all the duplicators i have found cant access this small of drive. any suggestions?
try the dos version of ghost. I use it on legacy machines.
I used to use Ghost many years back so I understand the . I have a HD that is on the fence (light stays on too long) so PC has slowed somewhat (win 7 ntfs). What should I use to clone these days. Free download wanted to create bootable CD and clone to new SATA drive. It’s a WD 3gb drive in a Vostro. Cheers. John
Gs Richcopy 360 for both backup and sync files and folders is simple and quick… This is the best I think and really easy to use
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *